Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sex Educator Vancouver

The business woman's luncheon was just awesome yesterday. Suffice to say the woman who invited me conveniently forgot to mention that guests have to stand before the entire group and introduce themselves by full name and occupation. I learned this ten minutes before the intro's were started.

There were at least eighty, perhaps ninety woman there, and maybe a dozen of us were guests. I was the eleventh person standing to introduce myself.

Hello ladies, my name is Jennifer Skrukwa and I am a Professional Sex Educator.

Some clapped, there was a low whistle, smiles spread across their faces and many were nodding happily. Within minutes we were networking with tables of eight women. It did not take long for them to come for me. No joke. They had so many questions about what I teach, who I am and how I move in the world. It was immensely gratifying and a huge relief to have their approval. I had passed the first hurdle as I saw it.

By the time the second networking session broke out, there was a number of women I needed to get to, and spend a few minutes with. I loved it, and the woman who brought me, was so right. I do belong with those women, they are my people. Professionals, women, responsible, successful and mature. I brought a large stack of business cards and handed out every last one of them.

We ate like Queens, the food was scrumptious, as it was a massive buffet. I was asked to do a presentation for them in early 2009, and I am so eager to do this. How very encouraging. I was called an eloquent speaker, told I was bold and progressive and a number of "older" women shared with me that their group needed my energy and knowledge.

I am very happy to report that as of next month, I become a full member and shall continue on my merry path of networking and educating.

Imagine my surprise to know two other women there. One from an interactive class I taught a short while ago, and another whom I have known for a decade. Our crossing paths was amusing to say the least.

I walked out of the building with a woman who called my name, then told me that she believed touch is so very important to our happiness and survival. I agreed. She asked if she could hug me, and I said of course.

It was a wonderful experience and I am so glad that I stepped outside of my box, and again am expanding my personal community of friends, allies and supporters.

The women that I met I am eager to know better, they were all so very interesting.