Friday, December 12, 2008

Women On Top

Sad news indeed. Beauty and activist Bettie Page died yesterday. I found this statement regarding her passing, on the home page of her website...

With deep personal sadness I must announce that my dear friend and client Bettie Page passed away at 6:41pm PST this evening (Dec. 11 2008) in a Los Angeles hospital. She died peacefully but had never regained consciousness after suffering a heart attack nine days ago.

She captured the imagination of a generation of men and women with her free spirit and unabashed sensuality. She is the embodiment of beauty.

Statement by Mark Roesler, business agent for Bettie Page


Dec. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Bettie Page, the 1950s pinup girl whose natural looks and risque fetish poses triggered a cult following four decades after she turned her back on modeling. The life of Bettie Page.

********************

I am restless, everyone here at home is sound asleep. I find myself unable to shut down enough to get rest, and so I write.

Later this morning and into the afternoon I am lunching with a prominent group of individuals. A business woman's networking luncheon that I am about to become a member of. Kind of sexy in theory. Kind of tummy tossing in truth. I have three differing outfits chosen and dependent on the weather, I will choose the most suitable. A large group of women who own their own businesses and are successes in their chosen fields of expertise - fitting that I join them, yes.


Life has taken so many unforeseen turns these last couple of years. I have matured and learned so much, no longer the practical life skills of coasting by, now I am on the climb to mastery of business entrepreneurship. Constantly a student and always open to meeting new opportunities head on, my efforts have challenged myself constantly and though I struggle, I always, eventually come out on top.

I need to remember to reward myself for a job well done and time invested to arrive here. I work hard, and lately have overlooked how much it takes a toll on my soul, my family and my friends. Rewards are good, because when I am happy and looked after, I have more energy to invest in myself, my family and friends. This is a huge lesson and one I should remember to act on with more regularity.