Thursday, December 11, 2008

Anal Intrusion

A few things that have gotten me rather excited in the last couple of days, let me share with you...

This bit of news about a new vaccine is very promising and
looong overdue. Hooray for pioneers working towards the common goal of a therapeutic vaccine to inhibit the spread of HIV. Finally.

The *new* member forums are just-about-complete and will open the beginning of January on the Libido Lounge website. A place for our members to chat with one another privately, post photos, stories and personal ads. Forums where no bias exists, tolerance is the order of the day and inclusiveness is mandatory. Forums that are well moderated, yet giving our members free reign to be themselves and pursue further knowledge and play opportunities amongst themselves.

We are now at 515 Lounge Members as of last nights orientation. An excellent number, and one that I am really damn proud of.

Our final ever sale of Life Time Memberships terminates at months end, and a number of people have stepped up to take advantage of this great offer. $1350 = events for life. (only a $5 charge per event exists for kitchen & laundry) My last couple of deposits to the bank have tickled my fancy beyond belief, we are heading in a wonderful direction and one that makes me not only proud, but our members as well.

Our family Christmas plans have all been sorted out and I have let go of any guilt associated with this festive season. I can only be in so many places at once, and due to this small, very real fact, we will be enjoying three different Christmases each in differing weeks. I am super excited about being home for a change and not on the road, it is an awesome feeling to know that we all won't be frazzled silly this year seeing everyone at once. Travel plans have been made and booked and the turkey is in the freezer. We are so ahead of the game this year.

And finally, what next makes me happy lately. I've had the chance this last while to really settle into my partnered relationship with RC my love, and my role as an experienced educator. Each of these gives me immense pride. I feel strong with my man, and as though we can conquer anything. We communicate so well together and it's hugely comforting to feel so safe and loved. My job affords me great friends, hours of my choosing, travel benefits, a business that is thriving, opportunities to interact and know amazing people and a paycheck that is more than I ever could have hoped for as an activist. I have created my own success and am able to enjoy it with my partner, daughter, friends and volunteers. It is liberating to have done this for myself.

Once this Sundays Exploratorium event is over, I am almost done work until New Years eve, only a couple of events left.