Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Days Efforts

With out doubt, today was filled with appointments and must-do items.

After seeing our accountant this morning for a ninety minute brain stretching appointment, we left happy kinksters.

Off next to peruse a potential hotel for our 2009 conference, everything is well in the works. It is finally down to two differing locations at this point, each has its own unique pluses and minuses. Having the details hammered out before year end is the goal we are striving to meet.

Then to grocery shopping, and not regular purchasing either. This was a mega shop, as it is the last grocery run we'll do before Christmas. We'll still need fruit and veggies weekly, and a trip to the deli and bakery, but $340 was spent and damn was the buggy ever full. We bought all the Christmas goodies necessary for a very festive season.

We came home and unloaded all that food, and it was a lot of work. RC needed a nap after wards, and I worked on the computer for ninety minutes of serious data entry. Then I made some food for tonight's event, easy precooked items that just needed reheating.

The teenager came home and we talked for a while catching up on her day and her AWESOME report card. Think along the lines of every grade (but one) being an A, and even one as 96%. Clever girl of mine, I am super proud of her commitment to her education and her ability to juggle her personal interests with her academic pursuits.

Then RC and I left for the Lounge, with food in tow. It was Deviant Dining and eleven people gathered for dinner, it was a great evening amongst friends in a casual environment. We ate, talked as a group, everyone helped me work on our new singles event, then someone performed some sexy magic. Our members are so inclusive, warm and gracious, I am constantly amazed at how wonderful and kind everyone is.

When everyone was gone and the place was cleaned we headed for home. We spent half an hour decorating the Christmas tree, and it is now fifty percent done. Goodness do we ever own a lot of decorations, and they each have special meaning to us. As we unpacked each one and placed it on the tree, each of us filled with nostalgia for past holidays.

Now the teenager is in bed asleep and I have just tucked in RC. I am showered, naked and working on my lap top. Not being home most of the day means that I am backlogged with sixty emails or so from today and another thirty from the past few days, that require more details than I can zip off in a quick response. So now in the dead quiet of the night, I shall endeavor to attack the mountain of e-mail that sits patiently awaiting me. It is inescapable really.

Someone sent me this NOT SAFE FOR WORK LINK to a Canadian woman stripper, doing a really great act. It is short, funny and memorable.

To each of you who has written me or called me in support of my post yesterday, I thank you and feel good knowing my experiences have been heard. Your all kick-ass friends indeed.