Monday, December 01, 2008

Christmas Cheer

My head aches, this is not good. Even with a great amount of sleep in me, both last night and into this late morning, I am still not feeling 100%. This is not good as my week is busy and today was meant to be about recovery from the last number of days.

Phones turned off today, did not bother getting dressed and lots of great food. Two computers working double time and the house to myself still did not give me ample opportunity to complete all that I was trying to.

Working on large projects never makes me feel very good, I much prefer it when I can see the end in sight. Right now, it feels like I am pouring all my strength into a large empty pit, that will never be filled. I know this is not the case, but it accurately reflects the effort and time spent on my behalf.

Before I go to bed this evening, I have another couple hours of work to do. RC is home in awhile, I am cooking a family favorite dinner. I have spent the extra time necessary to create this special meal. One of the highlights of this great meal is the ingredients concocted together are making the house smell delicious.

The teenager has handed over her Christmas list finally, which means I can now officially start shopping. I have even figured out what to get the parents and the grandparents, now to execute the plan and make it all happen.

The tree needed to be up. And so it happened today. I am starting to find my holiday cheer as we managed to get the lights onto it and all the decorations out of the storage room. Even the stockings are now hung. Mine is a brilliant red high heeled boot.