Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Vulva Reconstruction Surgery

Being sick sucks for sure, and is proof, that my life is far from perfect. If you could see me right now, you'd realize what a number this cold has done to me.

My eyes are puffy red, tearing, small little slits. My nose is dripping. My lungs hurt as they make a bark noise which sounds horrid coming from a human. My head and body are on fire with fever. I vomited twice yesterday. My voice is crackly and it pains me greatly to swallow. My limbs ache and are suffering from exhaustion. My backside even has discontent from laying flat on my back for so long.

Just to make matters worse, RC is sick too. For the first time in years, he came home from work mid-day as he couldn't continue seeing patients in his sorry ill state either.

We're both popping day and night time cold medicine, downing fever reduction tablets sucking on throat lozenges and falling asleep constantly while seated upright. What a couple we are. This too shall pass, soon we hope.

The only person to not become over run with this virus is the teenager in the house. Lucky, lucky her. This does mean that last evening she gave me the most amazing 45 minute foot rub imaginable trying to alleviate my whining.

I've been trying to work on the commitments some in the midst of all the tissues, runs to the bathroom, sneezing attacks, and prolonged nap times, but not with much success unfortunately.

And before I leave you, have a read about this new trend that is out. One in which women have vaginal reconstruction surgery for cosmetic reasons. This is disturbing and offensive, designing ones genitals to some notion of "ideal". Blah. : (