Sunday, January 13, 2008

Day Four - The End

Sunday is always quieter, no matter the industry. Sex is no exception. The show was open half an hour by the time we arrived at 12:30 in the afternoon. The most laid back of days for me, in terms of costuming and make-up which quite frankly was needed because everyone working at show, yes, me included, are all exhausted by day four of this monster trade show for sex.

This also means that the crowds were a little thinner and not so liquored up. I may have forgot to mention that drinking is abundant at the show, as most grab a drink and tour round shopping with it in hand. Today was more mellow than any other day yet everyone was still in a frenzy to make quick purchases from all the vendors before they packed up their wares and left. Many of course only have on-line boutiques, or are out of province.

My classes this afternoon were G-Spotting and Sex Tips and both were, filled-right-up! There were people in the audience who liked my classes the day before so much, that they returned to Taboo just to see my next two classes today. And I loved the people in the audience who would suddenly pull out pen & paper and start taking notes.

RC taped the classes today for me, I've watched them already. I've been told I am not to change any of my presentation style, without consulting my posse. It seems they think I am too hard on myself and may well change something that actually works well, and does need anything done to it.

Getting into the frame of mind, to not only educate but to keep engaged a huge number of class participants takes some mental prep work on my behalf. Add into this, RC set-up in the middle of the seminar area with a camera and tripod and yeah, it felt for a brief moment like pressure, then, not so much.

Its so hard to believe it is all over now, I completed all eight classes. There were a solid core group of friends who made possible the smooth look of my classes to each of you, my sincere Thanks for a job well done.

My office area looks like a tornado hit. Some time tomorrow after a massage and a deep sleep perhaps I will have the energy to put everything back where it belongs.

Elated by the success of my classes at Taboo and out future together, it is now time for me to "come down" from the energetic place I have floated in for the past four days.

Time to turn my activist self off and let the woman and mother shine now.