Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Where did it go?

I spent a chunk of time today doing a few domestic items that needed tending to. Groceries, laundry, vacuuming, cooking, drug-store, and a few other boring tasks, were all things I accomplished.

While driving about, I started to reminisce about this past Christmas, and the joy we shared together as a family. Then, I started laughing out-loud remembering a "more intimate moment" shared between RC & I.

We were on the island, staying with RC's parents for a few days over the holidays to celebrate Christmas together.

It all started late the night before. In the dark of night, with no lights on, and as we got into bed, we ending up fooling around. Then we ended up having sex. Surprise!

Condom wrapper and condom are thrown about our Private Bedroom floor, the door is closed. No one will enter, it is not a concern.

We fall asleep, locked in a strong embrace together.

The next morning, we awaken and start another day. RC is setting the temperature of the water for us in the en suite bathroom for our shower, as I am in the bedroom cleaning up.

First I find the condom wrapper. Right on the floor, a few feet from the bed, where it had been tossed the night before.

Then, I search and search and search, and can not find the condom itself.

I look through the bed thoroughly before I make it, No Condom.

I lift up the very proper white lace bed skirt, No Condom.

I check on the walls, god-help-us-DO-NOT let it be stuck to a wall, No Condom.

I scan the entire floor area, No Condom.

Dismayed at the where abouts of the condom, I head into the next room.

"RC have you seen the condom from last nights sex? I can't find it anywhere" I say to him as we are both standing naked in the bathroom.

The bathroom has two doors, one into the hallway, and the other into the bedroom that we were staying in.

Before RC can even say no to my question, because I can see the words forming on his face and mouth. Walking along the hallway happily, in slow motion, is the little family dog.

And firmly in her mouth, she is carrying The Condom between her teeth.

Astonished at what I see, my eyes grow wide, and I point urgently at the dogs mouth, all the while calling her name and motioning towards RC to capture her.

In a fast grab at the dog, considering he was laughing so hard, RC retrieved The Condom from the dog, and promptly disposed of it, properly.

It seems that although we closed our bedroom door to the hallway the night before, we had not closed the bathroom doors, and the dog had entered that way.

It's lucky we didn't break our necks in shower, as we were laughing so hard at ourselves and the dog.