Friday, April 07, 2006

opening ceremonies & more (of course)

Took the subway to have breakfast with Michele Serchuk and then we headed out over to the East Village for shopping and touring the sights.

Imagine my delight at finding a wonderful leather corset in an extra small that fit me AND looked good on. I found one made by Stormy Leather and had to have it...now here it sits in the hotel room, MINE. It's not often that I buy things for myself so it was even more of a surprise/treat for myself when just a few short hours later I found the most stunning pair of leather 5 inch stilleto heels in black. Had to own them, I really did and trying to not feel guilty, I bought them as well.

Stopped by to see Pet Silvia at Art at Large and had the chance to finally see his gallery which happens to be in the Hells Kitchen Neighborhood. Very amazing space and the art adorning the place is mesmermizing. Spent time visiting and catching up together and then sadly it was time to go. I'm working on a project with Pet and hope to have more to tell you about it in the coming months.

Art @ Large represents all the very best talent in the genre of Underground, Neo-Erotic & Figurative Fine Art.

Their artists are so cutting edge, they bleed. It's an art that excites - art that is alive and diverse. The works exhibited at the gallery are truly the 21st century celebration of the human form, sexuality, and human behavior.

Back to hotel finally for a shower to get NY off of me. Tim was so helpful with my shower, he dried me off afterwards, leaving me feeling pampered. This after he was on his bed doing penis tricks for Bella and I.

Got dressed into some pretty girl clothes and headed downstairs for registration to LLC. Once registered I headed straight in to the main hall to run straight into Jay Wiseman, who I've now hired again to teach for Libido Events. Grabbed chairs for Tim, Bella and I close to the front and proceed to be amazed at the evenings speakers.


Mary Frances Berry blew me out of my seat. Talk about being inspired, this woman is powerful, and a freddom fighter. Mary is former chair of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights. Dr. Berry has been a persistent advocate for equal rights for over thirty years. In her public service, and as a scholar and activist, she has stood firmly for an end to discrimination based on gender, race and sexual orientation. She is a professor at the University of Pennsylvania and currently serves on the board of the Woodhull Freedom Foundation.

After the opening ceremonies and speakers, food was eaten and the real socializing of attendees started. Was invited to a private party in Glenda's room, she's with the NCSF. Certainly couldn't refuse her offer since we've always had such good chemistry together, so off I went and had a blast.

Then off to the hospitality suite to schmooze with the other presenters and guests before making my way back to the room here finally. Now I'm eating cold left overs from last night while sitting naked typing.

Time for me to got to sleep though as I'm teaching at 9:30 tomorrow morning.

FYI - what I've written today is only 30% of what I've actually done and seen.

In case I've not mentioned it in a while, my life is amazing!