Thursday, April 06, 2006

by subway

not a lot of time to type, but here goes...

We had a room upgrade this morning to a deluxe suite (our toilet and shower were both in need of repair in our old room). This means that we are now living in the lap of luxury here at the New Yorker Hotel and our place is big enough for a party. Yippee. Have I mentioned yet that we are right across the street from Madison Square Gardens? Well, we are!

After the room upgrade we headed out to explore more of what NY has to offer using of course the Subway, in fact, the C train. We saw the Statue of Liberty and the memorials for those who died in service. We hired a woman with a bicycle that carries three, to drive us on a stunning and educational tour of Central Park. Had a hot dog from the stand at the gates of the park, laid on the John Lennon memorial in Central Park and saw more history there than I can type at this moment.

Met a police man and had my photo taken with him because he was standing next to a NY cab an eating a hot dog with his police car door open. How stereotypical I thought to myself! I told him how hot he was in his uniform and that I was a proud Canadian resident, hailing from Vancouver, just visiting NY. Then I smiled at him and asked politely if I could touch him. Imagine my surprise when he said yes with a huge smile and allowed my to run my hands over him as he then posed for a photo with Bella and I. Too cool.

Ground Zero
was nothing that I feel I have words to describe. The tears just rolled off my face and the heaviness in my chest was overwhelmingly filled with sadness at the sight of such destruction, violence and death. The amount of people who like me are drawn to stand at the gates of ground zero and watch with hope as they rebuild the area, the towers and the lives of all those touched by this tragedy is touching and heartbreaking. No way to even to know who lost a loved one versus whose personal sense of safety in this world was changed. Everyone standing together at the wall of separation between ground zero and the streets all looked at one another the same. Peacefully and with a look of hope. Please oh please, never again.

Had to go, was pulled by a force greater than myself into the church that was refuge to the workers, aid providers and help that came pouring into the financial district. Parish of Trinity Church. Chancel, St. Paul's Chapel. Mesmerizing beauty and peace resides in this place of worship along with an indoor memorial to 9/11.

Cards, letters and gifts adorn the church having been sent as support from people ALL over the world. I prayed on my knees and left humbled by others sacrifices. Displays walk you through all that happened in the days, weeks and months following the terrorist attack so a deeper understanding can happen for those who are seeking to fill in their own blanks. I found many answers there for myself and now have many more questions that only time will answer.


Back to hotel to drop bags, kick off shoes and relax for a short bit. Standing looking out the window of our room at the view of the Empire State Building and the ocean soaking it in when suddenly some hands were roaming my body.

Tim had found the strength to get off the bed and massage me for quite some time while I just absorbed the visuals of the city. Now, Tim and Allena are off having dinner and then going to a play together. My plan is a bath, nap, sushi dinner and then back to Times Square to wander by myself for a while.

Last night when I arrived into Times Square the first thing I did was phone and talk to my daughter. Wish she was here to have share this experience with me, another time....

speaking off time, I should head to the tub and have a soak. No wait! First an orgasm since I did remember to pack my favorite vibrator, some lube and now I've even got privacy. Tried to have a big O yesterday, but with Tim watching me intently and Allena typing on the computer, I was feeling a little to crowded for successful masturbation to orgasm. It was a good time trying though. Wish me luck now as this will be my first NY orgasm.