Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Long Lost Lover

I ventured out on my own to feet by two blocks this afternoon. No purse to weigh me down, just my phone, keys and bank card. It felt divine to be out of the house and not be wheeled about in a chair. I took it slow and made my way to the local produce store, then to the bakery. Feeling accomplished with my efforts, I sat briefly on a bench and rested before making the trek back.

As I got up from my seat, suddenly before me was a man who looked so familiar that I had to stop him. Not able to recollect who he was I was embarrassed calling out to this person, yet I was certain we had some history at some point in time.

It took a nano-second for he and I to realize we had been lovers sixteen perhaps seventeen years ago. Suddenly I could recall his home's location and what his bedroom looked like. He applauded my memory.

He's retired now from a prosperous career and living out in Mission. (I've always had a thing for older men) He is no longer as husky as I remembered him to be, but his tattoos and distinct facial features were all still in tact.

It was startling to see someone whom I had been intimate and catching up with him for five minutes was a pleasant reminder of my more youthful years when lovers came and went with great speed.

These days my partners are people for whom I plan on having on going sexual relationships with, if even infrequently.

Walking home I reminisced on all the lovers I could recall who had been pivotal in leading me into my own sexual empowerment, I counted the man I just ran into among them.

Then a block from home, I had a contraction that came out of no-where and startled me a little into worrying. I stopped walking and next to me was some black berry bushes. So I took a break and spent fifteen minutes picking berries and letting my uterus relax. Just as I was about to arrive back to the house, another contraction hit.

Groceries are on the counter now and perhaps later I shall make my way off of the sofa to put them in the fridge.

Want to do something special for yourself, or FOR ME? This is a service that I would greatly enjoy being gifted with and would appreciate right about like no other time in my life, seeing as my sex life is on hold and I am banned medically from house work.