Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pampered

It was a long day for me today, then again this is quite normal for my life and lifestyle. I am certainly not complaining, just stating the obvious.

My appointment was for eleven this morning, at the illustrious Pink Lime in Yale Town. I was on time, in fact, ten minutes early and so they started on my hair make over early.

A very attractive man took and hung up my coat. The stylist came and brought me to the color station first. We talked for some time about my hair and what needs it had. Then she brought me a very pretty glass filled with water and a stack of magazines.

As she made up my new (and first ever highlights) I read trash fashion magazines and did nothing more.

RC who had driven me to the salon reappeared just after noon, right-out-of-the-blue and came bearing my favorite drink from Jugo Juice and a delicious lunch for me of sushi. What royal treatment, I was beaming.

My hair was colored and then toner was added to make it, just-so. Then it was all washed out after a long sit with it in. A scalp massage that made me tingle all over was next and I just blissed out.

Then I was moved to the cutting area , where my stylist went to work. She layered, thinned out and chopped sections of my hair away. With this done, she blow dried everything and suddenly looking in the mirror I could see her handy work. Voila, a new do!!

It took just over three hours and a lot of money, and do I ever mean a lot. Obscene actually. However I like what she did for me. I'm not sure I quite like it $250 plus worth, but hey, it's done now and I feel good.

RC and my daughter are both liking the new hair, and I trust them so I am feeling positive.

I will say, that the next time I go and get my hair done, I plan on trying out the second place that was suggested to me by L.E. Just so that I have some price and style comparison to mull over, options are always important to me.

This evening was a member orientation class, and in it, another ten new members. RC busied himself in the office loading up my new Mac with my files from my old Mac while I led everyone through the class and answered their questions. A great group indeed.

Right after orientation ended we drove straight to Surrey where we went to Potters House of Horrors, a walk through Halloween adventure. It was much fun and an excellent family outing, the teenager and I were scared by all the props, including the frightening characters in costume wandering about and RC liked the special effects.