Saturday, September 06, 2008

lofty goals

Last night was the most horrid sleep, well at least the dream portion of the evening. Things started out well enough, RC and I had gone to the Richmond Night Market and had a wonderful time together.

We ate yummy food on skewers and meandered the aisles upon aisles of cheap Asian goods. It was a great Friday evening out and we both found a few items that were purchased making each of us pleased.

Crawling into bed just after midnight was a little too late for me, so I was almost asleep as I laid my head onto RC's shoulder. I awoke at an unsightly hour from a nightmare that scared me quite bad, and found that I had woken my man as well. He was there to comfort me and eventually we both were sawing logs again.

This morning I roused him around 10 so we could get our day underway. I went and spent a lot of money at Stupid Store, while he worked out at the gym. Coming home together to a sick teenager we all unloaded groceries, and more in fact than our cupboards could even hold.

We tootled off to the bank around 2:30 as yesterday I'd left my debit card in a machine when getting out money and I had to get a replacement. It was effortless, thankfully.

We then went over to a friends Dungeon Building party and spent some time visiting and being given the grand tour. Seeing his new place and his plans in motion was gratifying.

By the time we walked in the door of home it was well into the dinner hour, so RC started the BBQ. Oh my, the T-Bones were as big as our large dinner plates and the rest of the fixings were a plenty. An excellent steak now and again sure goes down well.

This evening has been spent answering emails and taking and making calls from friends. My phone again was bursting with messages and my personal in box was ready for me to dedicate some time towards it.

The house is clean, the cupboards full, and our family is filled with love. The time is now to take on something else.

I'm currently looking for $18,000 and know that I can find it. There isn't really a deadline for this, but the sooner the better. With out doubt what I am looking to do now, is the largest undertaking of my life. Aside from raising my daughter. This new project isn't open for public consumption, though by next week the wheels will be in motion and I will know where I stand with everything in short order.

The people that surround have all assured me that I am MORE THAN CAPABLE to accomplish this lofty goal, and so with their love and support I shall embark on a new journey. One not even considered by me before in my entire life. It's exciting and a tad bit terrifying. I'm a masochist and a leader, and both of these attributes should do well by me given what will soon be my new life circumstances.