Monday, June 02, 2008

Phone Loathing

The return drive from Seattle to home was smooth and easy, as I drove back. RC was the passenger. The border was a breeze and the weather held out the whole way, of course meeting greatly with my satisfaction.

My weekend of networking was quite successful, and I am confident that I will reap the rewards of my efforts for quite some time.

Max's birthday party was a hoot! More so because approximately forty percent of the guests there and my self, go back 6-9 years or so. Much of my history in sex culture was solidified & shared with and by people whom had already had more experience than me, when I first started to attend events all over the Pacific North West. Many of these folks friends and I go way back now as we share strong memories and experiences that will never be forgotten. Our conversation eluded to characters and situations that were at times "beyond the believable" to those who were not there to witness things we've seen in our time in sex-culture.

Tonight I am teaching my G-Spot & Female Ejaculation class in Burnaby at The Love Nest. I am a little wiped out from the weekend and the drive back but I am eager to get this class over with so I can relax till Wednesday now, and Deviant Dining.

Spending time with Allena was the point of our extra day being south bound, and luckily we managed to squeeze in more time with her as she had time for us. Much, much of who I have become as a sex activist can be attributed to my on going loving and supportive relationship with Allena. She has guided me safely, all the while pioneering her own journey. I admire her greatly and love her with all my heart.

Home feels good right now, it is good to me. For the most part that is. You see, my cellular phone had eleven messages on it and was full when we returned earlier today, hence not having any further room for further messages from others.

The Libido Lounge telephone is full as well, another ten messages awaiting me there and get ready, our home phone had another eight calls on it.

My cell phone is not for use to ask me when the next orientation is, or how to get tickets to an event, or even to ask me personal sex questions. My cell phone is for people who are hiring me and have been directed to call me. All others, are required to send me an email out-lining their request/s and asking things of me there.

The bulk of my work is done on a computer and through email. I do not have the time to phone back 29 different people. Email makes this job very easy for me. Much of what people ask of me is a simple 1 minute cut and paste answer when dealt with in mail, but if we talk on the phone it takes 15-25 minutes of my time per call by the time I shake people off.

I would rather have an In-Box that was exploding with emails, than having to make my way through a mountain of phone messages where people ramble or are simply not clear about their request.

And further it annoys me to no end, people who leave me countless messages on the same topic over and over again while awaiting me to return their call. I get to everyone when I have time. If you want to get a hold of me sooner or you consider your request urgent, then stop trying to reach me through the free public route and book my time privately to meet your needs.

Stop phoning me though and creating copious amounts of work for me that affords me nothing more than a head ache and blurred vision, from reading peoples demands on me and my time.

Start paying for what you want and you'll find that my response is faster, and more specific to you.

I do my best to make my rounds and return all phone calls and emails though this does not always happen. Anyone who contacts me repetitively demanding my time and answers in-depth and for free is not going to hear back from me. One answer, one email. You don't get to use me and not offer me something in return. I only do so much work for others with out pay and then it becomes critical that I balance paid work with all of my donated hours too sex culture and community demands of my time so that I can sustain myself and my business.