Sunday, May 13, 2007

Life Notes

Idle chatter from my head...

It's Mother's Day, blessed be each of us who has a mother. Phoned mine to send her my love and catch up some on life, did you phone yours?

The Logo Contest for Libido Lounge deadline has been EXTENDED because we've not found something we like yet from amongst the entries thus far. Please consider making a contribution of your ideas!

Arrived back from Seattle to Burnaby at 3:30 this afternoon which meant we left the conference and hotel right after my morning class today and made a bee-line for the border, where Canada Customs greeted us with barely a look.

I did in fact get a new devious toy at the vendor fare from Scott Paul that looks somewhat disturbing yet sexy at once. Stainless steel spikes is all I have to say. And plenty of them. When RC laid it in my hands, I squealed with glee, I am a happy pervert. I was feeling benevolent enough to have Scott smack me in the ass a couple of times even with another toy that had caught my attention and left a sound impression on my bottom.

Last night was the dungeon party for the conference, we stopped by for 1 hour. That's it, you heard right, an hour. A single lone hour, where we sat against the wall talking to another Vancouverite we know, then we returned to our room to sleep more. In fact that's all we did on this weekend away at a D/s conference. We just slept. RC with a head cold and his back thrown out, me crampy with my period & teaching a few classes.

Hanging out in a quiet, peaceful hotel room in another city, another country, paid for by the conference, lounging in bed all day and night for an entire weekend together, was good for us. We have been going non-stop at such a pace lately at home that the break from the telephone/s and familiar surroundings was nice. Readying both Libido Lounge and ourselves for everything is tiring.

Saw Bella today, albeit briefly she stopped in before heading off to her evening's event. (She made the paper today Allena did) In her typical form, she came in the room, caught my eye and made her way right to me. And RC. We made her into a sandwich and gave her a Canadian hug and some loving. She even remembered to bring me a couple of things I had been looking for. Go me!

This evening finds RC in front of the sewing machine, sewing together two brand new King Size feather pillows. We wanted a pillow that was both thick and long enough to cover the entire width of the bed, so RC set about buying, then sewing two together. Sounds simple perhaps, but you should have seen the dining room filled with feathers. :) It was over in just over an hour and the end result, is impressive. Another of the reasons why I love him, is because he can sew.

I need to get to sleep so I can face the challenges this week that I need to.