Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Head Down and Engaged

It's madness around our house today. I had an appointment to get highlights in my hair at the unheard of hour of nine thirty in the morning. Then by eleven I was at the printers picking up my handouts for Taboo. At twelve thirty, I was over at the seamstress's house packing the oversize genitalia into my vehicle.

At one thirty I was at my Obstetricians, where he told me that the little fellow is now head down and engaged. This means, I am ready to go into labor AT-ANY-TIME-NOW. Dear god this is all happening fast.

Then by two thirty I was back home unloading the Jeeps contents into our foyer, and stuffing a sandwich into myself for some nourishment. Spent an hour on the computer, then went to the bank and the grocery store for a spice I needed for tonight's dinner.

At four thirty I was laid out naked aside from my panties while my registered massage therapist started our forty five minute session of her working out the knots in my pregnant and stressed body.

Home by five forty five, where by I cooked dinner, then had a bath. Then for the last few hours, I have been packing my class teaching bags for tomorrow's two classes and one main stage show.

I lack the skill set necessary to do nothing and find it difficult to even slow down. This is a bad trait and one I wish I did not possess. I'm an over achiever.

Jason's mom arrives tomorrow and will be at Taboo. Her plan is simple: shop, hang out, and take in every thing that I am hosting.

The show does not open till five at night, but we need to arrive early in order to set up. Plus this is when I do so much networking, before the shoppers arrive and when it is only the business owners.