Thursday, July 23, 2009

Forgiveness

I'm caught up in self this evening, working through old feelings and experiences wondering what's to happen next.

I was surprised recently by an old acquaintance who reminded me of our past together, not that it really could have been forgotten as it's almost always playing a part in my current life, our years entangled.

This journal is personal, it is where I often come to work out ideas and emotions I am going through and other times where I share my joys and successes. My blog is intermixed with professional writings at times, but always it is personally mine.

It would be nice to have had a ready answer to the question asked of me, yet I stumbled over the words and perhaps the sentiment of sincerity. Not disbelieving, rather somehow confused as to what an end would be like.

Time has jaded me, my memory clouded by hurt, objectification, and a sense of loss for what could have been.

Dearly I wish to erase the horrors created by all of us, alas I am not capable of such things.

Forgiveness is freeing up and putting to better use the energy once consumed by holding grudges, harboring resentments, and nursing unhealed wounds. It is rediscovering the strengths we always had and relocating our limitless capacity to understand and accept other people and ourselves.



Moving forward without looking back, creating change, being a part of positive change, what a refreshing idea.

Can it be done by a duo, or does it take the masses to believe as well?

It only takes one person to embark on a journey, though the more people along for the trek the easier it is to navigate.

Hurt has many faces, regret is recognizable.

The written word lacks substance for matters truly important.

The look of compassion seen when looking into a persons eyes is what makes things real for me.