Thursday, December 18, 2008

Lovers & Love

I have fallen in and out of love a number of times really over the years of my adult life. I have loved men and I have loved women. In truth, I have fallen hard for men with my heart more often then I have for women. Though I have crashed head first into loving women suddenly.

I have been loved by many men, and I have been loved by quite a number of women. I am currently loved by a man and by a couple of women, and I love each of them not in return, but simply because what is, is. It's the basis of our relationships with one another.

My romantic relationships with men, in hind sight I always knew were coming. With women, it's always been a most pleasant surprise.

I have sought out relationships with men, I have never gone looking for a woman to date or be a partner too. Women seek me out, men I have gone looking for. Women I hold at bay, it takes someone special to captivate me. Men I have cruised along for, then pointed at just the right one and said "come here". It works for me, in both directions. I am fortunate in this.

Men have taught me the greatest and biggest lessons in life through love, women have taught me the most profound lessons about myself through love.

I have been hurt by relationships ending, and hurt desperately too. Both men and women have broken my heart.

I know that I have broken a few hearts myself as well.

As I have grown older, and gained more experience in loving others (and being hurt) I have come to recognize the importance of both moving on and of being thankful for the time shared with someone I had a heart connection with.

I miss past loves at times. Though with out each of them, I would not be where I am today, loving how and whom I do today.