Friday, November 14, 2008

Nipple Clamps are a Weapon

Safely in Calgary. Though not without some bumps in the journey.

Getting to the air port was no problem. Thanks so much Dawn, your awesome!

Check in was a bit of a hassle. RC and I both checked one huge suitcase each into the checked luggage area. Easy.

Then we went to clear security. RC made it through, I did not.

I was taken to a small, small room, with no windows, by three security guards. Two walked me over, another carried in her arms, one of my two carry on bags. RC was outside of the room, they denied him entry. The X ray machine detected something amuck and they needed to "follow up".

I clearly stated my sex toys were in the bag they were about to open. Butt plugs, dildo's, strap ons, soy candle, plastic knife from a take out snack shack, nipple clamps, a small leather paddle marked SLUT, fur mitt, external vibrators, a set of cheap hand cuffs, Hitatchi Magic Wand, Smart Balls, a FeelDoe, a male masturbator sleeve, and about a dozen other necessities.

There was no way that I wanted to check my toys with the air line and have them lose them, I could teach all weekend if they lost my clothing, but it would be difficult to teach without my toys, so I took them as carry on.

Security pulled a number of items from my bag:

the plastic knife, white kind, you get from McDonalds or any take-out place
the nipple clamps
the soy candle
the leather SLUT paddle
the hand cuffs


Then they told me that all of "these" items were on the prohibited list. Yes folks, nipple clamps are prohibited, as is everything else they yanked from my bag.

I said, "so now what happens then? They said, we've called the RCMP.

Imagine me, trying to keep my composure. I did, but not without some good deep breathing and peaceful thoughts as I was in that little god forsaken room. (did I mention I am Ukrainian and Polish? YIKES)

The Mounties finally arrived and listened to Securities concerns, then asked me what I did for a living. I told them my short bio, my destination and then they looked over the offensive and supposedly illegal weapons that had been put to the side in a gray bin.

Of course, the bomb testing kit had already been pulled out and everything I owned was wiped to check for traces of bomb crap on my toys. No such luck, only lube on anything.

The two women RCMP then had a peek at everything and said not to worry they would get me on my plane in time. The plane was notified and everything and everyone went into administrative mode - paperwork was filled in, an incident report form was filed, my remaining checked luggage was looked into and people seemed to calm down. Hell, the RCMP even chuckled with me that nipples clamps are seen as a weapon as they could immobilize someone apparently.

Finally when all was said and done, I was sent back out to check in, where I was graciously asked and permitted to check my toy bag. The woman who tagged it was laughing, everyone seemed to know and found it absurd, but what the hell.

Then I ran like a mad woman back through the XRay machine and the security check point where I found RC still standing where we'd been disconnected: he was fuming mad, and I needed to calm him down.

Off we ran to the plane and we were the last ones loaded one, and then they closed the doors and we took flight.