Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Home is where the heart is

I curled up in bed last night alongside my man for the first time in days. My head nestled into the crook of his neck with his arms holding me securely, it felt so loving, so warm and so right. I had missed him so much while I was away. And, I had missed my own bed, the chance to sleep with our cat, our pillows, bedding and in our own bedroom.

Sleep carried me away fast and hard. Necessary indeed as my mind, body and soul were exhausted from the travel of the last two weeks and all my hours of teaching and working. RC awoke at 6 this morning so he could ready for his work day, and I of course remained in bed, spread out wide in the bed all alone and continued my sleep. At twelve thirty this afternoon I finally sat up, climbed out from under the covers, donned a robe and made my way out of the bedroom.

All that I officially need to do today, aside from cooking, some housework and tending to my in email accounts, is that I am hosting a member orientation this evening at The Lounge with RC.

The next couple of days are all about rest. Resting my mind and my feet. Sleeping and eating great home cooked food. Having sex and big orgasms. Reconnecting with RC and spending time with my daughter.

It is so good to be home. The quiet is so peaceful.