Sunday, November 23, 2008

Good bye Edmonton

The last day of the show - thank god, I am utterly wiped. Nothing left to give.

Each of my classes was phenomenal, and I had the pleasure of meeting so many new and wonderful people. Both community members and the general public.

My In Box is over flowing with thank yous, requests to present, invitations to speak, and a few offers of dates too! I am feeling just wonderful about it all.

My home stay was incredible, gracious, inviting, supportive and more than I ever could have hoped for. I ended up staying with an old friend and I must say, it is a visit that I shall repeat again one day, hopefully though next time with no agenda other than visiting so we have more time to tour around the city and do many of the things we discussed.

Picked up from the airport and returned to it on time with a smile and hugs from my hosts. Dozen white roses in my bedroom awaiting me. Each day of the show prepared fresh was a fully packed huge nutritious lunch and dinner with so many goodies it was over the top. I was driven to and from the show every morning and late night and walked from the vehicle to the entrance of the show. My bags were carried for me and every door was opened. A massage was arranged for me, how sweet is that! The kitchen had items that I had stated I enjoyed, people gave me space and even ran out on an emergency trip to the drug store for me. I felt like a princess, and it was sure nice. Especially given how run ragged Taboo makes me, it was a real treat to be treated so well. Without RC at my side, having these folks care for me was the next best thing!

As good as my Edmonton visit has been, I am stoked to be returning to my daughter tomorrow and to my guy. Vancouver is where my heart is.