Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Keeping Up

It's already October, who can believe it???!!!? :::gasp:::

Some days, ever which way I turn I feel lost. Sadly a lot of today has been like this.

I slept shitty and placed blame wrongly on the man in my life, when *apparently* what woke me as I had just drifted off to sleep was not him. Uhh ... sorry sweetie.

Due to said horrid sleep, I was up and out of the house at the ungodly hour of 8:45 AM. I managed to run my morning errands in the city and be done with them in remarkably short order. Having returned a box of art to a local photographer in time for an exhibit she is apart of this weekend. Since we took down her "woman art" from our walls she is giving us "man art" next. I'm really excited to see everyone's reactions to the new series.

A stop off at the local sushi haunt, to get my daughter something special for dinner. RC and I have Deviant Dining this evening, so I just knew she'd appreciate a surprise for herself to eat.

Off to the post box to unload it into my purse, and then a run into the produce market and the butchers. Like I said, it was errand morning, sometimes this shit just has to get done.

Then I promptly came home, unpacked everything into the fridge, and crawled right back into bed for a 90 minute nap. Yup, another nap in the middle of the day and necessary to boot, as I'm still fighting this crapastic bug that won't let its hold on me go already.

I awoke just in time to notice that there were three calls on my cell that all required urgent attention. One call had such worrying news that RC threw on clothes and we were out of the house in panic mode in under 3 minutes to prevent a crisis. Both of our hearts were pounding as we tended to this high level emergency. Thankfully we had it under control in less than 2 hours and were able to return home again.

Now my guy bought 1200 feet of delicious hemp rope recently and has been dying, cutting and oiling it now with much gusto. Everything RC does, he does well and the rope is just another example of how fast he learns new skill sets to ... perfection. You can't tell his rope dying, oiling and cutting from any of the big named sources out there.

I'm cooking a roast with peppers right now, for dinner this evening at The Lounge and am already all dressed, and in a skirt even. My feet are adorned with a brand new pair of Steve Madden shoes in purple, one of the two pair RC bought me in Seattle last weekend.

Now off to Deviant Dining!