Friday, October 03, 2008

Baby Planning

The weather has changed, it's cooler out now than I'd like and the sun is hiding away again. I prefer the warmer temperatures as I seem to be happier without gray skies and rain on my head. Alas, Fall is here and I need to adapt to this new season, again.

The change in the temperature and on the page on my calendar, making it now October always serves as a reminder that I am getting older. You see, my birthday is at the end of this month, right before Halloween.

I like birthdays I really do, but this one has got my knickers tied in a knot. I will be thirty six years old, in a mere few weeks. Not flamingly old, but older none the less. After turning thirty five last year, I've been noticing more and more articles in the paper, and health care professionals on tv discussing mothers over the age of 35, as OLDER.

You see, we're very close to having a baby. The appointments have been made, the tests all run and things are working well in my body. It is time. But let me reiterate, the media keeps saying to me, that women are waiting "till they are OLDER" to have babies now a days.

I had my daughter at the start of my twenties, some time ago now. So much so, that I can honestly say that I have forgotten the horrific labor that raged through my body for 27 hours before the birth of my incredible baby girl.

So ok, I am older now and getting very close to do it "ALL OVER AGAIN". Am I old? I think not. I feel like I'm settling in nicely to adult hood, right-about-now. But to call me older, or old makes me think of some dried up curmudgeon giving birth and this is so not me.

I'm fit, healthy, lively, fun, loving, responsible, successful, loved, in a wonderful relationship and finally ready to be a mom to another child, again.

My daughter is ready to be a big sister and RC is ready to be a father for the first time in his life. Our family is about to grow. And so is my belly.

Change is good and welcome around our household. I don't have any fear this time round as we're all having this child together, our whole family.

My daughter was born with natural child birth, a mid wife and a birthing room. This baby is going to come from me, as I smile instead of scream. Nothing natural needed this time round, I'm older and smarter and know my limits. Give me drugs and let me enjoy the process of being old enough and wise enough to make such a profound decision to have this second child with the aides of modern medicine.

My age is certainly relevant to my decision for drugs this time round!