Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Blouses, Hair Style & Mac Book Pro

There is a bloody spinning wheel of doom on my computer and I can not handle it any more. It slows me down and makes me less productive than I need to be. My Mac iBook G4 has served me well for close to five years now and is imminently on-its-way-out. It's retirement time now.

Tomorrow or Friday I am marching myself off to the Mac store, and purchasing a new Mac Book Pro. Cash in hand, I plan on walking out the door with one of those slick new machines.

This computer will be gutted out and given to the teenager so she has her own laptop.

Today has been a day of running around. I did some personal shopping, took my daughter to an orthodontics appointment, went out for lunch, paid bills, hit the PO box, managed a manicure along with a pedicure and finally had a stop at Costco to spend more than I should have.

At an adult store out in the valley today the owner gave me a new sex toy to try out and a nice payment of money for some upcoming work I will be doing with them. I'm more than pleased for the opportunity and thrilled to be sought after. My calendar is filled beyond imaginable these days, work is in abundance at it is all very lucrative.

I made it home in time to throw RC on the bed and roll around with him wrestling and making out before the teenager came in announcing we were loud and nutty.

The internet crashed while I was working and I had a mini melt down before my knight was able to restore the issue after his calm phone call to our ISP.

My next crisis is not as easy to problem solve. I have three, count them 3, TV interviews over the next couple of weeks. This is the good part. The not so great part, is that I do not own any blouses that I can wear on the news. Not a one. Nothing. And to add further grief, I am in dire need of a new hair style and professional color job. Something radical, something that shines with pizzaz, and yet I have no clue what to do.

The blouse shopping will happen at Holt Renfrew very early next week. I'm somewhat hesitant about shopping there as the store has a feel that makes me uncomfortable fairly quick, though RC has assured me that Holt *is* the answer to the blouse issue. I trust him and so, I shall follow him there. I don't like stores that are hoity-toity, they make my stomach flip. It should be a real experience to see how I do shopping for this necessary wardrobe staple, most likely I'll end up with two different ones so I won't be needing to repeat this shopping trip any time soon.

Now the hair appointment, is where I am hoping you can help. Do you know of a salon that does amazing work with long hair and coloring and resembles trendy, yet unique? The cost matters somewhat, but not all that much at this point, the hairdresser just must be incredible and available within the next 6 days. Burnaby would be awesome, though I'd travel to Vancouver or the North shore for the right place. Can you help a girl out and point me in some solid directions, because I'm rather clueless on this one.

While I'm at it, hell you could even send me suggestions on where to blouse shop too if you know of any really great places that are not small boutiques. I want a large collection to look through and a place that has lots of styles and colors in it, not just this seasons must-haves.

Suggestions jennifer@libidoevents.com