Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Peace, Love....and a Hippie?

Am I modern day hippie? I don't think so, its not my perception of myself. Yet earlier today in a long conversation while out walking, RC told me that that is exactly what I am. A hippie.

This definition I found on line
a usually young person who rejects the mores of established society (as by dressing unconventionally or favoring communal living) and advocates a nonviolent ethic; broadly : a long-haired unconventionally dressed young person

Is it my clothing I asked him? No not really.

Is it that I do professional sex work for a living? No not really.

Is it others misunderstanding who and what I am? No not really.

RC says what makes me a hippie is a great number of points

  1. I am a nudist.
  2. I have a self created career in the adult industry.
  3. I dance and live to my own beat.
  4. I have multiple partners.
  5. I am actively shaping the future of sex positive culture.
  6. I don't follow so well, I see and make my own path.
  7. I have non traditional views of sex, pleasure and relationships.
  8. I empower and inspire others by spreading my message.
  9. I detest violence.
My detesting violence shouldn't make me a hippie, nor should my long hair. And I've not dropped off the grid, and stopped being a part of society as a whole. I pay taxes, and walk in the world just like everyone else, almost.

Alas after pondering RC's observations, I must digress, perhaps I am a hippie.

A hippie that HATES florals, and wouldn't wear such a print if my life depended on it.

A modern day hippie, just trying to change the world, one person at a time.

No free love here though, so not my thing. I don't sleep around, though I do have the great pleasure of being intimate with more people than I could ever name or remember.


Speaking of being a nudist, there is a fantastic commercial that you have got to see. Work Safe and it airs on cable during Prime Time. This certainly made me giggle!