Saturday, May 10, 2008

busted, almost

When you sleep as late as I have for the last couple of days, evening's tend to run into the wee hours. I'm not particularly sleepy right now and so I bring you a blog post.

Despite my resolve to stay under my covers and remain on bed rest, I did venture out briefly to the neighborhood video store in my sweats last night with RC. We wanted to pick up a few movies to see us through the weekend and the only way to ensure there was a movie that I would enjoy, was to go along myself.

And of course while out, a funny thing occurred worthy of sharing.

After wandering around with the hordes of other Friday night movie hopefuls, we completed touring the store, before settling on three different interesting selections.

Bringing the cases to the counter we were greeted by a friendly, young man. After idle chit chat as he was scanning each movie and checking ID, I made my way to the door ahead of RC.

As I walked through the security merchandise scanner, it started beeping. No problem I thought to myself, I will just back up, and walk through it again.

And I did, only to have the damn thing start beeping again. Now everyone in line was giving me a look, then turning to the guy handling the movies to see what he was going to do with me.

I looked at the employee, and stated, "I have nothing on me, I do not know why it is beeping like that". He gave me a once over from head to toes, then nodded saying "sometimes cell phones can make it go off".

Chuckling nervously, I smiled and said "ok, if you say so". Hoping madly that he was correct and that he wouldn't say, "come over here for a second".

On my shoulder you see, was a fairly large tote style red pvc satchel. And the LAST thing that I wanted for this youthful guy to ask to take a peek inside of my purse.

You see, there were no stolen or even borrowed movies in my bag. In fact there was nothing in my bag, that I wanted to be sharing with a stranger. Period.

What was in my bag though was a few personal items, like lets say, a whole whack of sex toys. I won't say why or how, but suffice to say there was a butt plug, a double vibrating egg, three vaginal insertables and of course a double butterfly. There are always condoms in my purse, so that wouldn't bother me, but I'd be uncomfortable having a video line up of people viewing my adult sex products.


I try to live by the mantra, Don't Scare The Villagers.