Thursday, April 10, 2008

on growth and change

It is quite amusing to me, that yesterday RC turned 37.

Because you see, I am only 35. He now sounds so much older than me, and I can harass him about being "my old man".

We celebrated with dinner, family, gifts and sex. And not in that particular order either.

Tomorrow is the second ever DIRTY GIRLS play party and holy bejeebers, is it looking to be a night of action amongst the girls. There are interesting people I know on the guest list and new comers, many of them. Introducing each to one another, should make for excellent party amusement.

I was thinking earlier today, how much easier parties and events have become for me the last while. Finally I am at a place again where I am able to enjoy my own creations and not be run ragged trying to make them happen. For awhile hosting parties just seemed to consume all my energy emotionally and physically and would take me days and days to recover. Not any more.

Having our own space that is always prepared & set - up, being supported by a huge and wonderful volunteer crew, people lining up for events and having the resources necessary to not need to ask for much of anything has helped exponentially with making me feel less stress around work.

I have sacrificed BIG for all of this. And now is the time that the rewards are coming in. I feel good about what I do for others and it is evident by the number of our Members and how fast our growth has happened that they support me and my mission.

We finally bought a fridge today, yet another item finally removed from the on going To Do List that I keep. An older one, but clean, working and they even offered delivery. Thankfully as I am so done on moving crap any further. Tomorrow morning they bring it into the kitchen at L.L. and then I am off to Costco for yet another shopping trip. Stocking the fridge is important as our event prices include all beverages and snacks for classes & of course parties too.