Monday, February 25, 2008

feeling fatigued

It is all that I can do to get out of bed and to put on a robe. I am so weary. The weekends road trip and teaching circuit was rough on my body. Fatigue is the word and I am quite familiar with it.

I've spent my entire day at home, exactly where I belong. Recovering. And getting ready to work tonight and every night this week. It takes a lot of energy from me, to organize all that I do, create events, answer emails, run classes ... Libido Events and now Libido Lounge. Being a parent who is a good parent and spends time with her child, being a partner who does things for her other partners, sleeping now and then and lest we forget, that I try to have a life of my own.

Moments where my activism is not defining me. This is quality time then. Forgetting who I am professionally and being a free woman who cries, gets sick, makes mistakes, accepts instead of gives, partakes in lieu of watching and who honors her own desires and not that of a communities or the banks.

I love my job and my activism, though not all days do I want to be defined by them.

I can honestly say, that I never end a days work wishing I had a different career. I end up always just wishing for a more positive society and more time to tackle the obstacles and challenges before me.