Wednesday, May 09, 2007

no time to sit

Two woodworkers, one handyman and another who is quickly assuming the role of my personal assistant spent 5 hours today inside Libido Lounge with me getting things ticked off the To-Do-List. What a grueling non-stop afternoon of labour (in the heat) and of course right on the heels of a full morning of phone calls and e-mail answering that needed my full attention.

In order to dine with my daughter who has been short on mom time as of late, we decided to order sushi to go and ate it in the car, out front of the drop off point for her evening's Girl Guide meeting. The meal was my first of the day, I was famished both for the food and T's warm loving company.


My phone has rang over 24 times today, no joke, it's insane the amount of people trying to reach me. After three years of owning a cheap Fido cell phone with no features, I just today got call display so I can keep up with all my calls. Last week RC gave me a very sweet unexpected gift. A new fancy, shmancy cell phone, with a cool camera in it and more features than I've ever known before. My ring-tone is Witchy Woman and now I can even tell whose calling me. The present was extra special because I really disliked my old phone but made do with-it because it still worked, so why bother buying a new one. Now I have a new one and the old one has been retired.

My life is blessed, made rich by the GREAT number of friends that I have made through my sex-activism. To all of you who are reaching out to me right now through The Big New Venture, THANK YOU, for your trust, your gifts and praise. From back in the days when I started BIO in June 2000 through today with Libido Events & Libido Lounge I have always been here to serve the sex-positive community of Vancouver and BC. Your belief in me shines so bright right now, it brings tears to my eyes.

**I can't wait to unveil the gallery of framed Vancouver sex history archived items containing documents that detail the factual history of the last 20+ years. Wait till you see the truths, births and realities of ventures, ideas and individuals chronicled by newspaper articles, interviews, web articles, photos, magazines and receipts. Fascinating Factual walk down memory lane. This will be housed as part of our Libido Events Sex-Positive Lending Library - non removable items for all to enjoy, view and learn from.