Thursday, January 18, 2007

~~ breaking free ~~

It would appear that for more years than I care to recall I've been addicted to a legal and readily available substance.

It hasn't controlled my life though I have spent more money on this than I care to imagine and than I ever should have spent on something so devastating to the body and mind.

It has seen me through many late nights and allowed me to persevere things that I otherwise would not have survived through.

It's given me an up and an edge and been a good friend to me when I stopped drinking alcohol so many years back now.

I'm talking about caffeine.

Not a coffee drinker, not since my teenage years.

I was a daily Coca Cola consumer / drinker.

Fond of slurpies and cold cans of coke with ice.

That's all changed now.

On December 31 2006 was my last drink of caffeine.

I quit.

I broke free.

The mild shakes I noticed along with the waves of nausesous are over now, thankfully.

Catchy jingles on the radio, bright commercials and flashy advertising to entice me and push me towards a dependance on a product that when I was young and impressionable had no idea would lead to ADDICTION.

Now to find a replacement drink for that sweet jolt of syrup and energy that I had so grown accustomed to.

Ideas? Suggestions?

HELP!