Wednesday, April 12, 2006

endings

was in a fulfilling D/s relationship with kara for two and a half years, she as my service bottom and I as her Top. When we started out, we had no idea how far we'd travel together but over the years we grew close, strong and eventually fell in love.

kara was the ideal young submissive woman, beautiful, eager and wanting to serve, me. She fell for me as quickly as I fell for her. We took life by storm and had wonderful times together doing amazing things.

kara saw me through my early days of teaching and supported me as I found my way as an educator. She stood next to me making sure I had what I needed and often moved the light in my direction so I'd look good. In SM we played hard and my girl allowed me the privilege of playing on her body and with her mind always with her consent but often with trust as she gave consent to me for some things before even asking what. Trust, deep unwaivering trust. I found her body exciting, her reactions sexy and her submission to me mesmerizing.

kara did things for me, both personal and professional. Things I asked for and some times things I didn't even ask for or even know that I needed.

kara lit up my life and before long my service bottom and I were also in love.

As an act of love & dominance her nipples were pierced privately on my whim in my living room. Her partner present, because I knew the depth of importance of this act, not just to me, but to her and her life. The moment was powerful and only made us closer.

We traveled together, played together, dated, became a "couplehood" to our peers and time ticked on.

My activism grew and has continued to grow over the years. More and more, my time has disappeared and what was important to me has now all but slipped by. With huge demands on my time and a deep need to retain some alone time & family life I let some things slip.

Kara is no longer my service bottom and has not been for a few months now. It's been hard to adjust to the change of not having her in my daily life and to know her now from a far. I miss her greatly and know that our ending our relationship was because of my pursuits.

I'm still in love with her and wish only good things for both her and her life partner. As a polyamorous person it pleases me to know that Kara will always have a place in my life and heart and that I don't need to cut her out or make anyone wrong.

We grew apart and our interests shifted and what was, is no longer. What will never change is the fact that with Kara, I was often reminded of my own early days of discovery in SM and because of this, I did what I could to show her really good experiences and life lessons. Do no harm and leave her with rich memories.

From guiding her, I learned how to be a better Top. From Kara I learned grace and I was shown what dedication was.

In no longer being in a D/s relationship with Kara I also have come to realize how lonely at times activism can be and the costs of such pursuits. I'm forever grateful though for all the days we had together because it's out of those days that I have the best memories and fondest thoughts.

I love you Kara, thank you for sharing yourself with me so freely over the years.