Friday, August 12, 2005

flat tire and menstruation

This morning I had a hugely important meeting at 10 and so at 9:15 I'm driving out of my parkade and down the street for a whole block before things start feeling bumpy and weird. Pull over to the side of the road, get out and check the trunk, thinking it hadn't been closed properly and was banging, but oh no, couldn't and wouldn't be something that easy.

Then a Canada Post man walks by smiling at me at points to the front tire passenger side and says "lucky you, it's only flat on one side" and continues walking. No, really? Is this really happening to me? Oh yes it is and it's going to be a long day, I can tell.

A low level panic call to kara & Doug and between them, they convinced me that I was capable of changing my own tire. Flagged down some nice young man to help me with the jack because I could not figure out where on the frame to put it and so he showed me and then jacked me half up, then asked if I'd be ok, on my own for the rest and I of course, replied "Why of course, and thanks for stopping to help me." I'd never changed a tire before let alone used a spare. I'd no idea it was so tiny but thankfully I had one. And I did it succesfully, I changed my tire and tomorrow I'm going to go and get it repaired or replaced. If it's not one thing it's another.

The tire incident started my day and my day ended with my getting myself a really cool fishing rod case so I can take my canes out in it and have them not get damaged. This makes me happy as I've got some wonderful canes that need protecting when not in use.

And I did mention menstruation right? I have my period, yup the most natural thing in the world that happens to me monthly and it's here, and it started last night. I'm not using a tampon, nor and I using any pads in any form, I am not using a cup either, who knows what I'm using to deal with the flow of blood then? I don't buy feminine hygiene products any longer, I only use this ???

When my mother asks me what I want for my upcoming birthday I am going to tell her BCAA.

Jennifer