Monday, September 14, 2009

Choices

It can be said that I am popular in certain arenas and amongst many lovely people. I am flattered by this and enjoy the friendships and opportunities that present themselves because of this fact.

It can also be said that I attract people to me like a flame attracts moths. I am bright and noticeable, people for the most part enjoy being around my energy and self.


One of the draw backs of being shiny, is that sometimes I attract the attention of people whom I'd rather not have.

I am friendly, cordial and kind to everyone, yet there are always those that push the limits of my niceties.

If we are friends or even regular acquaintances, we are apt to embrace when seeing one another after an absence or upon hello's.

If we are travel in similar circles we likely engage in personal levels of intimate chit chat from time to time.

Some people obviously are way closer to me than others, this is life.

I am known by more people that I can keep up with. Though I do try to recognize those that treat me kindly and attempt to learn something about each person. It is a challenge though.

There are certain individuals who grate me the wrong way. It is not relevant who they are, what is more important is for me to admit that this is true: I do not like everyone. Nor do I have to. I am entitled to my feelings.

What bothers me is the people who know I do not care for them, yet still spend time vying for my attention. If I have an issue with a person I tell them thus freeing myself from someone trying to know me better. I save my energy levels for those whom I want to know, not for those who throw themselves at my feet.

If you know we are not friends, stop pretending that we are. Watching people trying to get into my circle of peers using my name or the pretense that we are friendly really pisses me off. Don't make me have to tell others why I do not trust or like you. Just leave me alone, or find a way in that does not involve using my name.

I have spent years cultivating my network and it is shared with those who have good values, ethics, boundaries, communication skills and whom are trustworthy. If we are not friends, the aforementioned list should give you an idea as to "why not".

I don't fake making nice either. Either we are friends, or we are not. Don't schmooze me in public and dis me privately. I will never do either to you. What you see is what get from me and of me.

Don't follow me around like a stalker, it won't help your case. I see you, I am just not interested in you.

Don't attempt to make friends with those closest to me as a way to me. I'm not playing your game.

Leave my partners out of this, I tell them everyone. Beware.