Monday, April 20, 2009

Peeing On a Man

My day had quite an early start. This morning was my Fast Track appointment back at the local hospital, which meant I had to be checked in no later than eight thirty. With a full bladder just to add angst to the already woeful experience too.

I was poked, prodded and given an extensive ultrasound where it pained me greatly to not pee all over the tech guy doing the scan. My labs from Saturday were checked, then I was allowed to return to my civilian clothes and rid myself of the ugly blue night gown that had been thrust at me upon my arrival.

The doctor came to see me and showed me all sorts of things in and around my uterus and fallopian tubes, before finally announcing that my pregnancy is viable, healthy and looking good. The bleeding was unusual, though not uncommon and not something that is a problem at all. With tears in my eyes, I departed his office and phoned my man straight away to tell him the joyous news.

Next week is the family doctor and shortly there after is the obstetrician, and we choose our OB/GYN ourselves as since RC works in major trauma hospital there are some perks available to us. This my friends is one of them, we have the best of the best when it comes to my maternity time and the birth of our child.

The rest of my day thus far has been spent here at The Lounge awaiting trades people to complete some tasks. Sadly they are not prompt and have left me with enough time on my hands to have fallen asleep for an hour to nap. After my early rise at six thirty, this was rather needed anyways.

Our new house has already engulfed our walking thoughts, well at least when not thinking about the baby. In just a short time, our inspection is happening, then we take possession the middle of June. The packing of our belongings into moving boxes needs to start immediately or we'll never be ready. I may end up needing to bribe friends with yummy food and expensive liquor to convince them to come on over and help us pack up our life so we can get it done in time and with less stress to me.

Some weeks it's all I can do to keep my head above water work wise, and lately the personal stuff has also been difficult to contend with. I really couldn't do it all with out all my friends.