Thursday, April 12, 2007

meeting Mom

RC's mom arrived to the mainland today for a few days visit. How exciting that we finally get to meet one another. Did I mention that she reads my blog? Well, she does and she has in past read it with RC's sister.

Mom and RC were talking earlier, getting the chance to catch up some together as mother and son should. This of course prior to my arrival for dinner. Mom looks at her son and promptly without missing a beat, demanded to know from him, how exactly the J was doing that I had written earlier in the week about carving with a knife into his bottom. To say the least, she was alarmed. RC assured her that he was healing well and that it had all happened in good fun.

(then he phoned me on the phone laughing, to tell me what his mother had just asked him)

Can you imagine showing up to meet your partners mother for the first time and her only exposure to you was reading your journal and finding out that you were a sex activist and you'd carved a J with a knife into the ass of her son recently?

We had a great meal together and she and I got along very well. She's cool. I'm eager for tomorrow when I'll get some time with her without my daughter around so we can talk more candidly. Plus there is still an Easter surprise for her that is going to blow her mind!