Friday, March 16, 2007

New Shoes

Today found RC and I enjoying some shopping time downtown together after a late morning in bed. Fluevogs had nothing of interest for my womanly "kinky" slimmer heeled shoe lust, nor did Aldo offer anything eye-catching in knee high boots. We tried a few other stores along the stroll but no such no luck.

Then a trip to a store that really threw me off balance emotionally. I won't say what store upset me nor will I say what the trigger was, my reaction though was palpable. I will say that upon leaving the beauty of the store I burst out into tears and ended up being drawn onto RC's lap on a bench on the sidewalk having a good ol' cry & cuddle while I sorted myself out.

Then like magic, we hit another store and had s-u-c-c-e-s-s! A new pair of solid 5 inch heels in shiny black, no platform with a thick ankle strap and a silver buckle. Tres magnifique! My afternoon shined, despite the crappy weather.

It's a family night tonight and we are all here at home. Child, RC & I. This is the most incredibly real experience for me, falling in love with RC and deciding that we wanted a family. It's started already.