Wednesday, March 28, 2007

ambiguous feline with a splash of love

There is a cat roaming through my house, this hasn't happened since k, my girl was still in service to me and she went away camping leaving my daughter & I to care for her cat. As non cat owners, that sole cat sitting experience is the sum total of our time spent around felines aside from visiting them when at friend's homes. Not a lot of cat time, despite the fact that for the last number of years the child has been asking periodically for one. (yet clearly stating that she wanted NO part in the clean up or maintenance of the cat)

RC comes already with a cat, two birds, a lot of lush (alive) green plants and orchids. The cat is now here at my place and has been here since yesterday. Or perhaps it was the day before. I'm unsure at this point. No this is day three. We are blending well. The cat, the daughter, RC and I. In fact, we've been cohabiting together now for over a week non stop. Life is really good.

Because it's really exciting news, I'll share. RC, my daughter, myself and the cat, two birds, all the alive green plants including yes, the orchids, well, we are moving in together. Each of us letting go of our places and starting fresh some where new that we'll all call home as a family. Currently we are investigating properties.

This is a serious decision on my part, perhaps beyond others comprehension. I've maintained strong boundaries for the last 8 years to ensure a relationship like this didn't come along for me and managed for the most part to keep everyone at bay at this level of connection. Then upon meeting RC threw every one of my relationship rules out the window and we both fell head over heels in love with one another right away with none of my previous safety nets in place, I am feel so glad I did what I did.

This relationship is not like anything I've known before, and where I had assumed I would be leading, I'm learning to follow. Out of my element at times, in ways that stir up huge emotions and almost out of necessity must allow myself to be led. Frightening for me. Where I'd been certain I would follow, in fact, I'm leading and doing so without using power. I'm not talking about just sex here, I'm talking about life, getting through life and yes, sex too.

Back to Lance, the cat. So it turns out that when the cat was bought from the store, RC was told he was a boy. So he brought him home, naming him Lance it was appropriate. Sir Lance fittingly at times even. Down the road the cat was packed up and taken to the vet to be responsibly neutered and RC was sent away for a few hours while the procedure happened. Well when he returned he was told (ha ha) that Lance was not a boy, Lance was a girl. Oops. So they spayed her, Sir Lance.

It's RC's believe that Lance is simply a gender confused cat kitty. At least I try and refer to her in both the masculine and feminine at least some of the time to ensure she / he feels supported and loved during this process of personal discovery for Lance.

Anyways we are blending into a family and have plans on expanding. Both professionally and personally. Plus one would make us a 4 person family, plus two would bring us up to 5. Don't forget the new space, we've certainly not forgotten about that either. We're busy, busy, busy at it these days. Yes you read that right, plus one, a baby. And Lance, who will likely want a name change some where along the way.

It's been so easy coming together, gaining familiarity and a bond. My life is blessed and it's been said correctly, that though I faced some difficult personal challenges in my childhood, over all I have triumphed as an adult. RC and I are going to conquer life together emanating our energetic dynamic blissful love.