Monday, January 01, 2007

on being spoiled

I love being spoiled and I was indulged in every way this woman could have imagined the other evening...

After lingering in the tub till my skin was smooth as a water worn stone, I took my time trying on various gowns and dresses till just the perfect one clung to my form.

My date phones, he is 5 minutes away by car and precisely on time. I slide my hands in soft red leather gloves, walk through a spritz of perfume after putting a drop dead center between my breasts and walk out my door, down the stairs and to him.

As his car approaches, I smile. He climbs out immaculately dressed in a dark suit and proceeds to greet me all the while complimenting my beauty. As he opens the car for me and helps me in to the front seat, I feel very special.

A dozen long stem white roses are laid in my arms. How beautiful. What a nice start to a night out.

We drive for a short while talking before we're parked and walking into the Queen Elizabeth Theater. We have a drink at the bar preshow together while we scope out cute chicks and elegantly dressed women of distinction and then we are seated.

The Ballet and it's performance of the Nutcraker and we had perfect viewing seats in the 6th row what a Christmas delight!

The show was mesmerizing considering I was not at all familiar with the story aside from my date G sending me a URL link to the history of the story so I'd know something before hand.

After the ballet, we headed off for dinner just a couple of blocks away. Reservations and our waiter awaited us as we headed into Vancouvers swanky and notorious Gotham restaurant.

All I can for myself is that I felt so guilty leaving some of that delicious steak behind on my plate, but after a large portion of lobster accompanied it and jumbo shrimp cocktail to start, I was most certainly full.

Conversation with my date was engaging, easy and stimulating...we spoke for awhile. I needed time to sit and digest the meal and the experience of the ballet.

Driving home was slow and as we kissed good-night I felt so grateful for my polyamory and all that it affords me. Life is incredible and G was as always a gentleman.

G sweetly emailed me when he arrived home a quick note to sleep well and phoned me the next day to thank me for accompanying him on our night out together.

Did I mention that I love being spoiled? Well, it's true, I do.