Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tickle Me Elmo story

After reading this joke to my 13 year old daughter and watching her knee slap herself while laughing I asked her if she wanted me to email her the text. She looked at me bewildered, before I realized the answer myself.

None of her friends in her social circle could she share such a joke with, so it's kept between us, and now you...


A woman was hired to the factory in Northern Minnesota which makes the Tickle Me Elmo toys - the famous toy from a couple of years back that laughs when you tickle it under the arms.

On her second day the foreman complained to the personnel manager that the new hire was incredibly slow and was backing up the entire line.

Deciding to check for himself, the personnel manager and the foreman went down to the factory floor. Sure enough, the line was so backed up that there were Tickle Me Elmos all over the factory floor, and the newly hired woman was at the end of the line surrounded by mountains of Tickle Me Elmos. On her bench the personnel manager noticed she had a roll of plush red fabric and a huge bag of small marbles.

The two men watched in amazement as she meticulously cut a little piece of fabric, wrapped it around two marbles and began to sew the little package between Elmo's legs.

The personnel manager burst into laughter, and approached the woman. "I'm sorry," he said, barely able to keep a straight face, "but I think you misunderstood the instructions I gave you yesterday. Your job is to give Elmo two test tickles."