Tuesday, July 18, 2006

have I helped you in some way...

If I've been of support to you or helped you in some way here on my blog, at a Libido Events workshop, in e-mail, at a Naughty Party or fetish event and you are able, then read on for something you can do to support me.


Friends,

As many of you know I was recently elected to the board of directors for Leather Leadership Inc. LLC is a non profit whose philosophy as an organization is dedicated to strengthening the SM/Leather/Fetish community through the development of the leadership skills of community members and fostering a greater sense of connection between and within community groups.

As a board member I am expected to be at two general meetings per year, the first for me is this August in Minneapolis for an entire weekend. It is during this time where we meet as a board to discuss community building and to work at polishing the annual LLC conference.

The LLC hosts annual conferences where attendees may share their knowledge and experience with one another, fostering a greater sense of unity and understanding within the community as a whole. (this conference of course is in a different host city every year)

Being on the board of directors is a dream come true for me and another step towards some of my personal goals as well as a step forward for some of my visionary goals for community.

My position on the board as a Director is as a volunteer for my three year term.

It’s with the above word “volunteer” in mind, that I’m looking for donations towards my travel, room and meal fund. With some funds in hand already, I’m looking to quickly raise $300.

Donations of $25, $50 or $100 would be immensely appreciated so I can continue to do the work that I’m so passionate about sharing with not only each of you, but with all those with whom our community has even yet to reach.

Any donations received that may top the $300 requested amount will be given in donation to LLC after my trip. Your helping me will go a long ways, I promise to do well and work hard as you know I will.

Drop me an e-mail if you can help please. I need to hear from you in short order as I fly to Minneapolis in just over 2 weeks. Thank you for being a person whom I could make this request of.

In service,

Jennifer
jennifer@libidoevents.com