Thursday, December 15, 2005

word change

Previously, the trunk in my bedroom was once a beautiful hand crafted hope chest made & given to me by the man I was to marry. (before my whole involvement in sex positive culture started) Great sentimental value to me. Now it is my kinky toy box, complete with lock and it houses and exhorberent amount of adult toys; and not a single piece of linen or dishes. (although there are knives inside ha)

When presented to me originally the hope chest had a plaque on it saying...

JENNIFER

"Built By My Hands With Love From My Heart"

Love

XXXXXX
Christmas 98


and I had a new one made finally, all these years later to replace the original plaque. This is the quote that now sits on top of my toy box....

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you can not do.


Our relationship ended when he realized as I did that kink and activism were part of my journey and not his or ours.

Not wanting to damage the finish on the trunk nor wanting to loose the touching words once blessed upon me by love, I adhered the new plaque directly over the original to preserve, some of the intent.

Jennifer