Friday, June 10, 2005

moms reaction & her gift to me

My mother has arrived in one piece, toured the house twice and deemed it acceptable for both her daughter and grand daughter to live in. (thankfully)

Not a word from her either as she stood in my bedroom, before my dresser, looking at the Gatewood print, with a sticky note covering the bottom half of two men, hanging on my wall. Didn't blink an eye and I'm pleased with myself for making it easy for her to be here comfortably. (and for me)

Of course, my mom is a good mom and she arrived with a domestic care package and a bag of presents. Tonight mom is sleeping in my daughters bed and my child is of course spread out in my queen size bed, grinding her teeth and kicking off the covers. See what I have to look forward to shortly!

The coolest thing my mom gave me was a new coffee mug. Being born late October makes me a Scorpio and the mug says this about Scorpios...

You possess an intense, magnetic personality, and are very energetic. You are mysterious and secretive, and employ subtle methods to achieve your ambitious goals. You are very determined and thrive on challenges. In love, you are extremely passionate and sexual. You can hold a grudge at times, but when you come on strong, few can refuse you.


It's true, I've been called intense many of times and I take this as a positive, just like having a strong personality. Being energetic is obvious yes? Although lately I've been quite tired. Perhaps I need some vitamins.

Challenges are fun and hell yes I'm determined, couldn't be a sex activist and not be. And passionate, yup that's me too along with ambitious. Take a look around at my world, it takes ambition to see a future for sex positive culture and to walk here.

It's just a fun novelty type mug and yet I feel like it was written personally for me.

My guess is that some time tomorrow while I'm at work at daughter and mom are here without me, that my mom will sneak a peek at the Gatewood print sans the sticky note. Hopefully when this happens, she'll recognize that her daughter was trying to keep her safe and she'll smile at me and forget about the print that I have on my bedroom wall.

News on the poly front:

1. Kara has chosen her wedding dress
2. Bella is well at home in Seattle after our Tuesday overnight date
3. spoke to Jim he's in Bellingham at the studio
4. new guy is taunting me by talking about body massages


Jennifer
mother, daughter and sex activist all rolled in to one tonight