Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Single Male at a Party

A single man became a member this past Saturday at orientation, then stayed on for Cupids Catch our evening play party. I watch the single men differently than others and often ask them for feedback on events as their singular experience is regularly insightful on some level I had not even considered and I find I learn much from them.

K, the guy, is a wonderful conversationalist, and I found myself enjoying speaking to him. In all honesty. I am eager to see some of his art too. Anyways, at nights end, I had asked him to write me an overview of his first experience at a party and at the Lounge. This is what he sent me ....


When I arrived at the Lounge for member orientation, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I'd heard a lot about it from another member, but being new to the scene it wasn't much comfort. As I walked up to the door, I was nervous - until Jennifer popped her head up from her car, which she had been loading.

"You must be K," she said. "Come on in."

What followed was a night of fun and sexy action. I licked whipped cream off of a beautiful woman, got tied up and suspended for the first time in my life, made a lot of friends and had a wonderful evening. Everyone was decked out in hot gear, from one woman who wore only feather pasties, to Jen's partner J, who wore a mesh shirt and a utilikilt. Everyone looked stunning. Although I didn't play much myself, it was hot just to see all the scenes unfolding around me as the night went on. I lost track of the people I'd met as some went into the sex area with their partners and others, spent with happy grins on their faces, dressed and went out the door into the night. As the night wound to a close, I said goodbye to all the awesome people I'd met and resolved to mark the next Lounge event on my calendar.

The Lounge is a great place, filled with great people. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, and if you have body image issues - like I do - don't worry, because nobody will denigrate you here. As a newbie to BDSM, it took me most of the evening to figure out the dynamics at play, which is why I didn't play much myself; in the end, though, it's not really the play that mattered, but all the new friends I'd made. I suspect that even though I didn't have sex or do any tying or flogging, there's plenty of all of them in my future.

Thank you, Jennifer, for introducing me to an awesome place and an awesome group of people.