Monday, February 14, 2011

Can this really be happening?

This post is likely going to bounce all over the map, as my head is full of half thoughts twirling round and round.

Saturday was the Lounges Valentines Day party --- and by all accounts the night was epic. Out of town guests, a day of bondage classes and great people made the party as awesome as it was. But the day was long, we arrived to the Lounge at 9 in the morning and left at 1:30 the next morning.

There are more than just clients and attendees that attend our events, many of those present are our friends. And this is exactly why days like today can happen, because its easier to hustle for those you care for.

What was so over the top for us was having to pick up Pickle from the babysitters at 2 in the morning, by the time we drove home and got to bed ourselves it was three o'clock.

Sunday we were up early, as we had a day trip to Tulalip, Washington. Our destination, reserve land, and the home of a wise man. Allena had chosen her tribe and called upon us to join her in a special Sweat to offer healing before her surgery. It was memorable and in all honesty, I learned many things that I am not quite yet ready to articulate. Maybe one day, I'll write about what it looked like to be present for such an event, but not now.

I would do anything for Allena, go anywhere for her, topple over anyone in her way, move mountains and cross borders to get to her, reach out and drag her towards me if she needed me, and even give her parts of myself --- we are fam-ily. We drove home along the I5 talking about living and our families plans for life. At 11 last night we pulled into our driveway, absolutely positively spent.

By the time we visited with the teenager who was baking cookies, and the car had been unloaded, all we could do was to crawl into bed. Jason pulled me in tight, his breath almost becoming my own as I inhaled his scent and basked in the glow of his loving support. We are both done in.

Today I recover from the weekend and gather my emotions to support Allena Tuesday as that's her surgery day. Oddly enough the last couple of days, everywhere I look there are signs of what we are journeying through. The breast cancer emblem is everywhere, commercials filled with optimism and joy are on television and I have to say, that there are countless stories of hope. And in that I find strength.