Sunday, May 02, 2010

Moving On Up

A large Canadian Corporation made contact with me a couple of weeks ago. We've peripherally worked alongside one another a number of times over the years, yet never had occasion to be directly doing serious business together.

Imagine my delight to receive a call from the head of the company asking me if I had time to speak. He spoke to me about my success in the adult industry and how I had grown so much over the last five to six years that he had been consciously following my activism. Though he'd actually known of me for over a decade.

I was caught off guard when he asked if they could fly me all expenses paid to their offices home Province for a day of negotiations. Amused, I dug around a little for more details. Like say, what would we be negotiating for?

It turns out they have two offerings for me, that are by far the biggest of my career thus far.

  1. Hire me on contract for 2011 to do a job for them that fits in perfectly with my career goals. I would gain me the notoriety I need to continue to further my career, mixed with the financial outcome that would be life changing and also assist me in being nationally recognized for my unique skill sets. There would be awesome monthly travel and a chance to hob nob with really cool people whom I have great respect for.
  2. They envision me creating a series of sex education DVD's that would be made available for sale to the general public, with my face and approach to teaching being marketed they would back this project financially 100%.
Plus there is one other thing on the table that I am not willing to put out there in the Universe quite yet. I will say though, that I am positively bouncing off the walls with glee.

I complained a while back about how much work sits before me regularly. I digress, all the work I do has laid a strong foundation for me to now be reaching this new stage of my professional path.

The old saying remains true "that which does not kill us, makes us stronger".