Monday, February 15, 2010

Need More Hours In A Day

This morning I was at the hospital lab having more blood work done. These past few months I have been poked more times than I care to remember or even acknowledge.

After my lab work was complete, I headed over for my scheduled appointment in surgical day care. The nurse checked my PICC line site and did a little re-bandaging. The Infectious Disease Doctor came to see me next.

Later this week is my 3rd MRI, and by Monday the powers that be hope to have an answer as to whether or not I need to continue on IV therapy, or if I can go to an oral antibiotic.

By the time I got home, there was a call from my doctor with news that I didn't want to hear.

I've developed a secondary infection in my bowels from the hefty dose of medication I am on. We knew this could happen, as it is a side effect of my meds but had hoped I would not develop it. I have all the symptoms and my labs show I have the infection.

Tomorrow I return to the doctor for another prescription and hope it will clear up this infection.

It seems that though there is a light at the end of the tunnel, that it is a dim and intermittent one.

My week is full of events, medical appointments, running around and complete exhaustion.

Having a baby at 37 years of age, is not the breeze it last was in my early twenties.