Monday, February 22, 2010

Disease & Infections

Mondays are notoriously for me a long day that I rarely look forward to. However today as a Monday, is an exception. Thus far my day has been filled with joy.

Let me illustrate three reasons why:



1. Someone owes me a substantial chunk of change and has for quite some time. It finally got to the point where asking for the return on the money was futile. I took the matter to court. And the court ordered in my favor - I won.

The company involved was given thirty days to make payment. The thirty days came and went. I contacted them to remind them that they were now in contempt of a court order. An apology was given.

Two weeks ago, I told them if the payment was not here immediately I would take the matter back to court and notify media sources about their business practices.

This morning a call came that the check will be in my hands this week. This is so long over due, and an issue that I am glad to have out of my life.


2. This morning my Infectious Disease Doctor phoned me to say that my latest MRI results were promising. This translates to the fact that my Osteomyletis is much better and has stopped spreading currently. We are not out of the woods yet, it can flare up again as its a disease notorious for recurrence. But since its obvious growth is no longer visible, my PICC line will be removed this week. This news is incredible.

I can not wait to have a shower, it has been almost 7 weeks since my last one. I am so eager to immerse my arm in water and be done with this rigorous treatment regime, as it has taken a serious toll on not just myself, but the whole family too.

3. The baby has been sleeping in his own crib for five nights now, instead of in bed with us. Last night he slept from 9 till 2, then awoke for a feed. Then he slept till 7. This means that more frequent sex will be happening again as we have our bed back. And last nights sex was awesome. Jason *had* some guilt over the baby being in his own crib now, but after the sex happened he soon forgot about his misplaced guilt.


However as with all positives there is usually a negative. I am off to the lab shortly. With having C-Diff as a secondary infection due to my long term antibiotic use, it appears that the baby now has it. This bug is dangerous and apparently difficult to get out of ones system. There is a new prescription awaiting me, though this time an oral dose and it transfers to breast milk at a 20% rate, so we are hoping that it is enough to alleviate the babies symptoms. Because of this infection, I will continue to see the ID doctor.