Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Full Nights Sleep

Last night our son went down to sleep in his crib at 10:10 at night. I went to bed at 11:15 about an hour later and curled up with Jason for a cuddle and then some much needed rest. Imagine my shock when I awoke at 8:20 in the morning and my breasts were swollen to easily three times there normal size.

Milk was trickling out of one breast and had pooled under my back and the sternum was filled with the white stuff too. The sheets were soaked and I was chilled from the wet spots that were more than damp.

I woke Jason up and asked him if he had gotten up during the night with the baby. He said no. Jason asked me if I had gotten up to the feed pickle during the night. I pulled back the covers and put his hands on my breasts ... no further explanation was necessary there.

Then Jason said bolt upright, and announced every parents worst fear. "Is he dead?" I chuckled. No, I can hear him cooing in his crib.

We both stared at the clock in our room as we did the math. Our son, who will be 3 months old tomorrow had slept for just over 10 hours straight, without feeding or waking us.

We woke refreshed, recharged and feeling really great. What a memorable day this is.

After being up for an hour Pickle and Jason left for a man day, and I was left at home by myself. You know what I did? I went back to bed for another two hours. What a luxury.

I am starting to come out of the fog that has been the past number of months of new motherhood and serious health issues.

With my PICC line out of my body, the home nurses gone, my infection on the mend and the baby starting to have better hours, my mood is now leveling out and I can see a light at the end of this very long dark tunnel we've been in.

Today has already kicked ass. I am grateful.

Tonight is Sultry our bath house event for couples, and we have plans on fucking like bunnies. Can you say "baby sitter"?