Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Breathing Space

Thirty eight weeks pregnant today.

If I owe you a phone call or an email, forgive me as you'll not be hearing from me for awhile. I am drugged on morphine and demerol and taking twice daily antibiotics into my arm.

I am a day patient in the hospital this week on IV therapy.

Tomorrow we see the OB and get our induction date.

Please stop phoning, please stop emailing. We know who we need to contact but both Jason and I need to be left alone right now and are tired of emptying our phones and email accounts of repetitive messages. Once is enough thanks.

(the emails of support are sweet and most welcome, but again, please just one note is enough)

If you are someone who thinks we should be contacting you ... then relax, and wait for us to do so when we can, we have not forgotten about you. We are prioritizing our energy and commitments currently.

We are at end of our rope, and the end of this pregnancy.

This request is for all family, friends and otherwise special people in our lives. Please respect our need for some space right now - my health is not well and we are trying to get things under control before the baby arrives.

Medically we won't be sharing what's happening, just know that it is enough to turn our lives upside down. This, coupled with the fact that our main water line into our house burst yesterday morning.

Turmoil and it is all out of our control.