Sunday, November 22, 2009

Moving Mountains

The man in my life loves me so much, so unconditionally and without fail. It feels so overwhelming to be cared for so well and to know that no matter what, he is there for me. Always by my side, and on my side. I can't help but feel unworthy of such greatness when it comes from such a generous, intelligent and handsome fella.

Earlier today we hit a mall and I did some holiday shopping while my guy went and had his hair cut. I tired out rather quickly though and ended up needing to sit and eat frozen yogurt with my very swollen feet elevated. Contractions were happening regularly, yet of course, not with enough frequency to convince me or any doctor for that matter that I was in real labor.

A stop at Ikea went so fast it is hard to believe possible. We ran in and back out with only needing a curtain rod and new curtains for the babies room and we had success in finding exactly what we needed with rapid speed.

We went Christmas grocery shopping next and spent HUNDREDS of dollars - it was necessary and certainly needed. Particularly because I can't fathom shopping for food with a new born in the cold and hustle bustle of the month of December. This heinous task was now out of the way.

By the time we arrived home late in the afternoon it was already black outside, the teenager helped us unload our exploding vehicle of all the purchases stuffed inside of it.

Jason hemmed the new curtains and hung them, I put away all the food, then my man erected our Christmas tree right in the middle of the living room. Incredible.

This whole nesting process yields amazing results when we all work together.

And now we are about to munch of some snacks while watching a movie rental.

Good night.